Beverly Hills, CA
Colorado Springs. CO
Costa Mesa, CA
Culver City, CA
Grand Rapids, MI
Long Beach, CA
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
Newport Beach, CA
Saint Louis, MO
Saint Paul, MN
Salt Lake City, UT
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
Santa Monica, CA
Sherman Oaks, CA
Search Other Cities
If you are thinking about suicide or believe that you are at risk of harming yourself or another person,
please immediately seek out professional assistance. Pick up the phone and Call 911 or the
National Hopeline Network at 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433).
Provides unique crisis mediation program for parents contemplating abduction of their children, or who have already abducted their children and want to use Child Find Volunteer Family Mediators to resolve their custody dispute.
- Child Abuse National Hotline:
- Child Find of America:
Parents reporting lost children.
- 1-800-292-9688 (Parental abduction)
- CHILDHELP USA® - National Child Abuse Hotline:
Provides multilingual crisis intervention and professional counseling on child abuse and domestic violence issues. Gives referrals to local agencies offering counseling and other services related to child abuse, adult survivor issues, and domestic violence. Provides literature on child abuse in English and Spanish.
- 1-800-222-4453 (TDD)
- Cocaine National Hotline:
- Covenant House Nineline:
Crisis line for youth, teens, and families. Locally based referrals throughout the United States. Help for youth and parents regarding drugs, abuse, homelessness, runaway children, and message relays.
- CyberTipline for reporting the exploitation of children:
- Elder Abuse Hotline:
- Friends of Battered Women and Their Children:
- Girls and Boys Town National Hotline:
Provides short-term intervention and counseling and refers callers to local community resources. Counsels on parent-child conflicts, family issues, suicide, pregnancy, runaway youth, physical and sexual abuse, and other issues that impact children and families. Spanish-speaking operators are available. TDD capability.
- 1-800-448-1833 (TDD)
- KIDS PEACE:
Parent and relative, concerned adults can call about mental health related problems - children and adolescents in crisis will be connected with a social worker for immediate help.
- KID SAVE:
Referrals to shelters, mental health services, sexual abuse treatment, substance abuse, family counseling, residential care, adoption/foster care, etc.
- NAMI Helpline National Alliance for the Mentally Ill:
Provides support, information, and referrals.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
Operates a hotline for reporting missing children and sightings of missing children. Offers assistance and training to law enforcement agents. Takes reports of sexually exploited children. Serves as the National Child Porn TipLine. Provides books and other publications on prevention and issues related to missing and sexually exploited children. Ability to serve callers in over 140 languages.
- 1-800-826-7653 (TDD)
- National Center for Victims of Crime:
- National Committee to Prevent Child Abuse:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline:
- 1-800-787-3224 (TDD)
- National Drug & Alcohol Treatment Hotline:
- National Eating Disorders Association Information and Referral Helpline:
Provides support services, help, and guidance to people struggling with eating disorders, their loved ones, and families.
- National Hopeline Network:
Sponsored by the American Association of Suicidology
- National Institute of Mental Health Information Line:
Provides information and literature on mental illness by disorder - for professionals and the general public.
- National Mental Health Association:
Provides free information on specific disorders, referral directory to mental health providers, national directory of local mental health associations, and a Stigma Watch.
- National Runaway Switchboard:
Provides crisis intervention and travel assistance information to runaways. Gives referrals to shelters nationwide. Also relays messages to, or sets up conference calls with, parents at the request of the child. Has access to AT&T Language Line.
- 1-800-621-0394 (TDD)
- National Sexually Transmitted Disease Hotline:
- National Youth Crisis Hotline:
Provides counseling and referrals to local drug treatment centers, shelters, and counseling services. Responds to youth dealing with pregnancy, molestation, suicide, and child abuse.
- Rape, Abuse, Incest National (RAIN) Network:
Connects caller to the nearest counseling center that provides counseling for rape, abuse, and incest victims.
- SAFE (Self-Abuse Finally Ends):