1193 Pearl St
Eugene, OR 97401
Please visit my personal website for a more thorough overview of my practice and myself:
When the call for change comes in your life, finding and engaging with a therapist who supports this opening can be vital to your success.
• I always emphasize acceptance, compassion and empowerment
• I provide a safe, yet challenging therapeutic environment
• I offer treatment solutions based on your unique situation and needs
• I remain an active participant in our sessions
My strength is in helping you:
• find and activate your own intrinsic motivation
• spotlight, understand and transform outdated beliefs and behaviors
• learn new skills and tools to respond to your challenges
• develop a vision and direction for your life
Given the appropriate support and environment, I know you can make real and lasting change in your life - that you can restore hope, resolve troubling issues and move forward.
My approach to therapy and counseling follows a natural and effective 3-part process, utilizing specialized counseling techniques that support the work of each stage:
1. AWARENESS- Discovering, identifying and understanding the sources of your pain and problems. This phase develops a clear awareness of the traumas, core beliefs, unresolved feelings or behavioral patterns that hurt you and hold you back.
2. TRANSFORMATION - Transforming unhealthy patterns, negative assumptions and old ways of being into ones that that serve you in positive ways. This phase also harnesses motivation and develops hope for the future.
3. ACTION - Making meaningful and lasting changes in your choices and behaviors. This phase is action-oriented, as you surround yourself with resources and support that help you initiate new behaviors and experience new results.
Indispensably, I bring my own long-term dedication to personal growth and academic training. Over the last 20 years, the insight I have gained through therapy, recovery, and spiritual practice has become a primary asset in my practice of counseling and psychotherapy.
I received my Masters degree in Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, California. This environment offered a holistic and integrative perspective, one that honors the blending of contemplative, spiritually-minded Eastern traditions with more active and practical Western philosophies of healing. I use an integrative approach to counseling and therapy, drawing as necessary from a range of therapeutic strategies and perspectives.
Couples and Marriage Counseling
I work with couples of all orientations, including married, domestic partners, same-sex relationships - essentially any form of committed relationship. I provide a setting in which both partners can safely explore the relationship, better understand the challenges, and work toward a desired change. Areas of concern often include:
• Communication problems
• Lack/loss of intimacy
• Premarital concerns
• Pornography/sex addiction
• Excessive anger/conflict
• Parenting issues
• Commitment issues
• Money issues
I frequently conduct individual relationship counseling to address the many types of challenges we face when in (or out of) a relationship. This work may relate to a spouse, a partner, a potential mate, an ex-spouse, etc. Areas of this individual work might include:
• healing from a painful breakup
• overcoming commitment and abandonment fears
• hesitancy around entering a new relationship
• healing relationships with family members
• developing healthy relationship skills
• situations where your partner is unable or unwilling to attend couples counseling with you
Individual Counseling and Therapy
My primary focus is on working with individuals. Rather than trying to change or fix you, I empower and facilitate you in increasing your self-awareness. The better choices you subsequently make create meaningful and lasting change in the direction you want. Life is largely about relationships, and your relationship with yourself, in all its facets and levels, determines how you relate to the rest of the world.
I have extensive experience and training in addressing the many facets and stages of healing from addictions, whether from alcohol/drugs, sex/pornography/internet, food, gambling, co-dependence, etc.
If you want to talk with me before scheduling a counseling session, I am happy to offer you a free 30-minute consultation. Together, we can discuss your concerns and therapeutic goals, along with how I might help you - I look forward to speaking with you.
I know that we all need help in critical times -
reaching out for support and guidance is a sign of strength.
|Practice Specialties or Interests:
in bold text)
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
MA, California Institute of Integral Studies, 2003
|Additional Licenses/ Certifications:
||National Certified Counselor
|ACA - American Counseling Association|
|NBCC - National Board of Certified Counselors|
|OMHA - Oregon Mental Health Associates|
||$90; some sliding scale fee slots available; most insurances accepted
Most insurances accepted
|Insurance and Billing Instructions:
||I am happy to assist you in utilizing your insurance to pay for your counseling. As a courtesy, I will review benefits with an insurance provider directly. I suggest you do the same so we can compare notes before we begin. I typically submit your health insurance claim directly to the insurance carrier. You typically pay the office co-pay.
Insurance plans often change and insurance carriers offer multiple plans, so as you speak with your insurer, some of the important things to ask about might include:
• Does your health insurance plan cover outpatient mental health benefits?
• Does your plan reimburse for an "LPC" (Licensed Professional Counselor)?
• What is your yearly deductible and has it been met yet?
• What percentage of the fee does your plan cover per therapy session for an out-of-network provider vs. a participating provider? What is your co-pay?
• Is there a waiting period to fulfill before services are covered?
| Additional Information
|Years in Practice: 11-15|
|Accepting New Clients: Yes|
|Sliding Fee Scale: Yes|
|Prescribe Medication: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|
|Public Transportation: Yes|